My favorite Falafels and Pita sandwiches in the Jewish Paris Quarter
- – As des Falafels is the most popular on Tripadvisor but sometime waiting in line is too much. Their falafel is kosher and good
- – Pitzman is more traditional and less waiting in line, I really like it there. The decoration inside is “Super Jewish”. It is kosher too
- – Miznon is not officially kosher but very delicious. It is not a falafel place , but Israeli famous place offering pita sandwiches and they are super delicious
- – Sumsum is one of my favorite new places, It is an “iraqi” jewish little fast food restaurant offering very delicious hummus, tahina, meat, or eggs, pita sandwiches with potatoes and a very good mix of Israeli spices … Very tasty and not famous yet, so the waiting line is fast !
- For kosher French restaurants or jewish restaurants in Paris and in the Jewish Quarter of Paris , send me an email and I will email you a list depending on your needs 🙂
For more sandwiches, I recommend the Yiddish Pastrami sandwich from Florence Kahn, in front of As de Falafels
For the Kosher Official Sign please look at this label :
For more places , ask me by email and I will be happy to help
Flora Goldenberg – Tour Guide and Expert of The Jewish life in Paris
My name is Flora Goldenberg, Tour Guide specialized in the Jewish Walking Tours in Paris. I started touring at the age of 22 in Paris Museums such as Louvre and Orsay.
I am Licensed by the state after studying History and Art at the Sorbonne University for 5 years, that’s why I also curate private tours of famous and beautiful neighbourhoods of Paris such as Montmartre Sacré Coeur, Latin Quarter. I do special tours like the Opera Garnier, the Jewish Louvre, the Science and Medicine tour of Paris …
I was born and raised in le Marais and the Jewish neighborhood of Paris is my Home: I am the granddaughter of Joe Goldenberg, owner of a famous restaurant in le Marais : Rue des Rosiers ( Pletzl). My mother is a tour guide as well, she inspired me in my work. We designed together the Jewish Walking Tour of our beautiful neighborhood.
See my tours and ideas for your stay in Paris on this link. I am also curating family friendly tours in Paris. You can see my tours for Paris with kids and teenagers on this link.
Contact me here
Jewish Walking Tours Marais Paris – Flora Goldenberg – Licensed Tour Guide in Paris
Please use the form or the email & I will reply as soon as possible
Expect a little delay the nights of Shabbat …